Friday, November 22, 2013

Truth. I DO & I DON'T...

I look on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, my blog and listen to friends feedback about my life on all these social media outlets.  Friends tell me, "YOU ARE DOING SO MUCH!"  And I think, ya, I do have a lot of different jobs, hobbies and goals but I still have so much time...

I choose my hours to put forth my goals every week, which requires accountability, drive and determination every day.  I choose the hours I will spend away from the computer, the phone and the TV.  I choose my girlfriend time.  I choose when to connect with my love.  I choose when to talk on the phone.  I choose when to make appointments.  Being a self-employed entrepeneur & business owner, I enjoy scheduling my weeks, but it is pretty rough to stay motivated, dedicated and committed.  I do NOT reinvent the wheel, I do NOT workout every day and I do NOT cook all my meals from scratch.  

I swear to you, I am just a business woman, trying to make a positive difference in the wellness field.  I wrote a list of things I do and things I don't do.  Take a look and don't let social media fool you into thinking everyone's life is INSTA-GRAM quality.  (I still love Insta-gram).

DO:
Procrastinate
Contradict
Workout 4-6 times per week
Enjoy hanging out on the couch
Read magazines
Start a million projects at one time
Enjoy silence
Eat all day
Take walks all the time
Have a lot of jobs
Talk to my Mom every day
Love to sleep
Like doing things on the fly
Make yoga playlists (even when I'm taking a hiatus from teaching)
Love writing
Love sharing
Love singing
Love girl time
Love getting/giving cards
Love advice


DON'T:
Eat salad everyday
Make everything from scratch
Workout every day
Stay on one topic for too long
Finish everything
Do yoga every day
Stay at a job for a long time
Like loud noises
Make vision boards
Plan
Make big moves before talking to everybody
Love paying bills (who does)

2 comments: