Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Connection.

People are looking for a way to connect.

How do you connect?  By phone, in person, email or text?

How do you keep up with all your friendships?

How do you stay balanced with work and family?   Fitness and health?

How do you stay connected with your motivation and your goals?

Do you manifest your dreams with a vision board?  Do you write them out in your journal?  Do you talk about them?  Do you speak with the people who have careers you admire?

Do you communicate with people who are cheering you on or do you find yourself getting dragged down by the naysayers?

I don't have a lot of darkness in my life.  Yes, living in Seattle in the wintertime it's easy to feel down from the lack of Vitamin D and the sun going down at lightning speed before 5:30PM, but I have a light and connection to my inner being, the sun is inside of me.  And no overcast sky can dim my light.  As my last year in my twenties, I am discovering that connection is key.  Community is key.  Friendships are key.  Family is key.  Health is everything.  Fitness feels good.  Crying feels good.  As my boyfriend states whenever he sees a tear drop down my face, "Oh, there she goes, getting her daily cry in."  And it's true.  In the past, I pretended to be so tough.  I kept my tears inside because crying is for babies, crying is for people who are weak or so I thought.

As I get more comfortable in my skin, I enjoy my daily cries.

Usually they came when I watch Biggest Loser or when a friend gets engaged or when someone is so completely vulnerable that it blows me off my feet.  The crying might only last one tear length, but I don't push my emotions down so deep that they come back to bite me in the butt later.  Suppressing emotions will do you no good, so if you feel a certain way, feel it.  Don't stay there, but go through the emotion and I swear to you, you will feel SO much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment