Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Job Loss

It happens.  To everyone.  One day, you have a job, you know what your day is going to look like and then BOOM!  No job.  No pay.  No weekly schedule.  Bills keep coming  and planned vacations are the new fear.  Crap.  Talk to the boyfriend.  Wait a sec.  He's weirdly excited.  He says, "Great! Now you can do your own thing.  Nothing to step in your way.  Go after you dreams babe!"  Wow.  He is supportive, kind and believes in me.  Okay, who's up next?

Mom.  She'll know what to do.  Mom says, "Oh!  Sorry sweetie, I know you really liked that job, but you have so many other opportunities!  When one door closes, a million more open!  Good call on ringing Mom.  But why isn't anyone else having a slight freakout like I am?  Call Dad, he offers to set me up with a part-time Receptionist position in his engineering firm.  I take it.  Hell, it's a few dolla dolla bills ya'll.

Talk to sis, she gives me the sympathetic/surprised face and says, "WHAT!?" awwww....there is the response I needed.  I immediately feel better.

A few days later I go into my Dad's firm, I wait to talk to the guy who needs a receptionist and the thought of being in an office setting, even for a few days a week, make my chest tight.  I write the guy a note while he's on the phone (and I've been waiting patiently for 15 minutes), "Hi!  Thanks for accepting this interview, but I've decided I'm not an office person!  Have a great day!"  (hope Dad isn't mad)  I tell Dad.  Surprisingly, he's not mad, he even has a smile.  I'm beginning to think that other people know me more than I know myself.

And then I decide to OWN who I am.

I am NOT an office person.  The very thought gives me anxiety.  The thought of wearing something other than yoga clothes make me feel like a fraud.  I AM meant to be in the yoga world.  I AM meant to own 10+ pairs of stretchy pants, tank tops and layers.

After I leave Dad's office, I start reaching out to my yoga friends and ask if anyone is hiring a Power Vinyasa Instructor.  The feedback is overwhelmingly wonderful and I am open to receive all kinds of gifts.  Gifts that appear when you ask the universe, "What am I doing here?"  And then the universe answers.

1 comment: