Monday, October 8, 2012

Do You Write?


If you write/journal/jot stuff down…
THEN I have an exercise for you to try!

I JUST finished listening to a lecture about Reviving Your Creativity by a woman named Julia Cameron. She INSISTS on "Morning Pages."  My first thought was, “What the hell are morning pages?”  You basically write every morning, right when you wake up (before coffee, checking email, showering and so on).  You write on paper, aim for 3 pages and let everything fly out.  No editing, monitoring, topic influencing.  Just plain ol' write whatever comes to mind and put it on paper.

There's proof that when her students partake in this morning ritual, they get rid of negative thoughts, develop more realistic goals and lose weight without trying.  Hell yea!!

If you need some help getting started, she says to use these 6 questions to get you started:

1. What do I need to KNOW?
2. What do I need to ACCEPT?
3. What do I need to TRY?
4. What do I need to DO?
5. What do I need to GRIEVE?
6. What do I need to CELEBRATE?

No comments:

Post a Comment