Sunday, April 29, 2012

Is Comparing Yourself to Others...

Making you happy?
Yesterday I woke up feeling really great!  I got in my walking gear, took a little jaunt around the neighborhood, tunes bustin' in my ears, sunny sky and sweat drippin' down my forehead.  I chugged water when I returned home, took a shower while singin' a little ditty and made some lunch.

While eating, I logged onto facebook.  After probably 2 minutes of browsing the newsfeed, I started feeling like I wasn't doing enough with my life. That I should probably just drink a gallon of water and eat carrots to slim down.  And started feeling depressed that I don't have a boyfriend.  What the hell!?!?!  Damn facebook. Ruining our days, flooding our conversations and leaving nothing to the imagination! It's screwing with reality!  The pictures that are uploaded aren't even what we really look like (thank you Instagram).

I quickly logged off once I started thinking that I wasn't doing enough (I'm not type A).  And I don't go away every weekend to visit friends/relax with my non-existent boyfriend and I REFUSE to feel bad about it.

It got me thinking.  Comparing yourself to others is a lose-lose situation.  There will ALWAYS be someone more accomplished, more in love, blah blah blah!  So how about we live our lives with intention?  Our own intention.  Why don't we try being happy for others?  Instead of trying to degrade what others have accomplished, let's celebrate their victories!

We have to stop worrying about the future (no use).
We can't change the past (so let's stop revisiting it).
We can only be in the present.  So enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment