Friday, June 27, 2014

Looking Forward, Instead of Looking Back!

Doesn't this motto apply to everything in life?  Whether you are working on weight loss, getting over a past lova or trying something new...it's important to keep on truckin'!

Don't let the past get in the way of something extremely beautiful.  If you're in a stage of self-discovery, where you have entered this life, at this time, on your own, appreciate how deep you can go to realize your greatness.  The loneliness lasts for a short time until you come to terms with how awesome it can be to eat what you want, take a class or plan a trip with no one to consider, but yourself.  Independent freedom.

I tend to look back by the way I dress.  Let me explain.  2 years ago I was at the highest I had ever weighed.  I dressed in tent-sized pants, tried to hide my body by eating more and covering up.  I realize now that is was my way of saying, "don't look at me, I don't want to be seen."  After 8 months of having a "who the f cares and I'll eat whatever the hell I want" attitude, I was ready to live again.  I came out of hibernation and dropped 22 pounds.  I didn't even know I had that much weight to lose.  I just kept moving & eating healthy, until my body said, "thank you, I can stay at this weight without you killing yourself to maintain it."

A year and a half later, my boyfriend still asks me, "why are you wearing clothes that are so big on you?"  I still pick up the same size when I'm shopping and when I see pictures of myself, I can't believe it.  I still see the thicky thick girl whose thighs rub together when she walks.  It's hard for me to accept that I am smaller, that I have changed.  I still think after a night of eating at a restaurant and indulging, I'll wake up and be the weight I was 2 years ago.  NOT GONNA HAPPEN.  Because I like who I am.  I like the energy I have and the feeling that if I decide to wear jeans, they will slip on, not get stuck halfway up my thighs.

Bottom line: change is hard.  Change is real and it is inevitable.  Stop trying to hold onto something that no longer exists.  No excuses.  You don't have to explain yourself, but the sooner you accept reality and start moving forward is the moment you stop living in the past.


No comments:

Post a Comment