Wednesday, May 28, 2014

This Maya Angelou Quote Stuck Out the Most!


"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option."
- Maya Angelou

I could not agree more.  A woman wise enough to see the beauty in life.  She had a way of making the most profound statements in the simplest words.  A woman who said, deal with the problem and move on gracefully.

It might be all the sunshine we've been receiving in the Great Northwest, but I've found myself reflecting on all the gifts life has offered.  I don't believe in luck, unless you win the lottery.  But I do believe when hard work and preparation meet opportunity AND you accept, that is when life truly begins.  At least a phase of it.

My aunt said, "Whatever you do, don't get stuck...Keep on trying new things, move forward, but don't get stuck wondering what you should be doing.  Don't stop until you find it."  I LOVE THAT.  This was in response to me telling her I felt stuck.

Does it ever seem like when 3/4's of your life is going right, there's still that 1/4 holding you back?  Or making you feel like, "When is that going to happen?"  It's the damn phases of life.

In my early twenties it was the career & friendship category that thrived and the messy relationship that never found the recipe to success.

I'm finding in my late twenties, I have the relationship, the family and deep rooted solid friendships and now it's the career!  I've come to one realization and that is, that I don't want a boss.  I want to create a life I love, a job I love and a job that FULLY supports me in every way.  I LOVE being a Health Coach & Yoga Instructor, so I'm going to devote myself and give the extra oomph to excel in the fitness, nutrition and wellness world.  At least I know the direction...right?  

What is it for you?  Are you stuck somewhere?  OR are you feeling balanced?  If so, give yourself a pat on the back.  Finding balance in all facets of life is I think, the most difficult.  Maybe it's easy for you.  That is AWESOME.  Don't question it, just go with it.

So to all the fellow, "I'm stuck in this part of my life..."  You've got a friend in me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment