Thursday, May 15, 2014

3 Questions to Ask Yourself

Phases of Life.  We go through so many!  Some phases we think, "why the hell did I have that hair color for 5 years?"  Another phase has us wondering, "why didn't I take that job?"  One phase asks us, "Why did I do that?"  It's the phase of regret.  Then comes the final phase, "the last breath."  And that final phase puts everything into perspective.  The things that matter start to become crystal clear and the little things that bothered us become non-existent.

What phase of life are you in?  The "try everything once" phase?  The "I gotta get my shit together" phase?  Or how about the "what am I doing with my life" phase?  Right now I'm in the "grieving" phase.  Someone close to me is on his last phase.  Family is gathered around him and he is taking long and deep breaths as he squeezes hands and tries with all his might to wrinkle his lips into a half smile.  A gesture to let people know he feels their presence.

Death reminds us that life is short.  And that you should try everything until you find something that sticks.  Living your life with purpose will make it meaningful.  But you can't find someone else's purpose and make it your own.  You can't emulate someone else's passion.  You must find what makes you come alive.  What doesn't feel like work to you?  What do you look forward to?  There are a million jobs out there and a million to create.  So either find one that is already established or invent one.

If you haven't found your purpose yet, keep looking!  Nothing is worse than sitting still and waiting for your dream job.  Word to the wise, waiting for your dream job is pointless.  You must go get it.  And don't worry if you are working a job you can't stand, there are other jobs, put in your time, find a new one and move on!  But don't stop.  Stop only when you've reached your goal...and then keep going.

3 Questions to Ask Yourself:
1. Who's job do I want to have?
2.  Who do I admire most and what do they do?
3. Who do I need to talk to in order to make my dreams come true?

This is the starting phase.  So get going!

No comments:

Post a Comment