Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Crossfit, Barre, Yoga, Walking and a little gym time!

BROTHAS & SISTAS!!  

MATCH UP CITY!  This Spring I was sick and tired of going to the gym and lifting weights...pretending to know what I was doing and kind of waiting for the clock to say I had been there an hour.  No. More. Mrs. Nice. Girl.  I am experimenting in the fitness kitchen and LOVING IT!!  Here are my personal opinions of the following...

Crossfit- I was scared.  I thought people would be like, "who's that weeny?"  Instead, I am encouraged, assisted and coached at Belltown Crossfit.  I walk out of there smiling because the workout is so intense and just when I think my heart might explode, it's over.  I am sore for the first time in months and it's awesome.  It also makes me feel really out of shape, which sucks but is humbling.  Without my man, I wouldn't have tried it.  I'm so glad he gave me that little nudge.

Booty Barre- I am in love.  This workout is fun, fast, difficult and usually all girls.  I am freakin' sore when I leave and sometimes when I arrive.  I love how dancer-esque the lengthening movements and high kicks make me feel.  It's SO FUN!  I am going to teach starting in September of this year.  CAN'T WAIT!

Yoga- My first true commitment.  It's true, the first thing I ever stuck with, in terms of physical and mental exercise.  2008 started with a DVD, then Bikram Yoga in 105 degree studio.  2009 I traveled to SE Asia and practiced at whatever studio I could find, did some yoga in Bali, on the beach and back in Bangkok.  AWESOME.  When I came home in 2010 I went back to Bikram and slowly transitioned to power vinyasa.  2011, became a certified instructor and haven't looked back!  This year I went to Yoga Journal in San Francisco, took from Seane Corne, Kathryn Budig, Judith Lasater and more.  LIFE CHANGING.

Walking- All you need is feet.  My sweet and good friend Ginger Saunders is a walking fool!  She walks all over Seattle teaching yoga and greeting people along the way.  This Spring we completed a walkntalkwellness series.  We walked, talked and yoga'd it up for an hour.  Walking is one of those things that doesn't go away, it's not a fad, it's a journey.  It's good for the soul, for creative thoughts to flow and to chat with a friend.

Gym with Dad- We show up, walk on the treadmill/warm up on the row machine and battle it out on the racquetball court!  I beat him FINALLY for the first time a week ago.  VICTORY!

These are my experiences.
Switch it up this summer and find a mash up of workouts YOU enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment