Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Gratitude Journal


As we are nearing the end of January, I feel truly honored to do what I do.  It all started 5 years ago.  After hiking the beautiful forests of Anchorage, Alaska, my uncle Johnny suggested I try a yoga DVD with him.  From that point on, my life has changed for the better in so many ways.  My obliques, entire core and arms strengthened, my mental focus grew razor sharp and my heart filled with magical, floating endorphins.

My connection to nature changed in a way that can only be described by "feeling every part of my foot as it touched the ground."  The relationship with my parents grew safer and more open and I became more confident in speaking my mind.  I became aware of my ability to inspire myself and others and didn't shy away from being honest.  My doubts of believing I wasn't enough have slowly diminished and I've found a self love that can only be created and formed through self study, meditation and a continuous yoga practice.

Being able to use what I've learned and apply that to teaching has been extremely enriching and personally rewarding.  Having a student leave class with a smile and whispering a sincere, thank you changes the future of my entire day/night.

So thank you yoga, for bringing me peace, happiness and hope.  Thank you yoga community for embracing me with open arms and hearts.  Thank you for those who have supported me through this journey.  Thank you to those who doubted my journey, you held the match to my fire.  Lastly, but certainly not least, thank you inspiring teachers for guiding me into a practice that continues to evolve into a beautiful, blossoming flower.

A special thank you to my yoga influencers in more ways than one:

Ginger Saunders
Leah Zaccaria
JL Chiemingo
Silvia Mordini
Casey Peterson
Alysha Greig
Jessika Goldstein
Erin Mcdougall
Jacob Young

No comments:

Post a Comment