Monday, December 19, 2011

Salmon n' Veggie Cous Cous!


  • 1 box of Near East, Original Plain Cous Cous
  • Palm sized amount of salmon (already cooked/buy some from Trader Joe's/Costco)
  • 2 Cups of Water
  • 1 TBSP Vegan Butter (Earth Balance soy free)
  • 3 pinches (depending on how much cheese you like) of Vegan Mozzarella Cheese (Daiya)
  • Some carrots, broccoli & snap peas cut up (add as much or as little as you like)
  • 1/2 of a lemon to squeeze
  • Pepper (as much as you want)
  • Mrs. Dash' no sodium spicy seasoning salt (2-3 shakes)


It's my first time "making" cous cous.  It's the easiest thing I've ever done and I was so intimidated until I read the back of the box.

  • Bring water to a boil.  Add vegan butter and whole case of NEAR EAST, ORIGINAL PLAIN, COUS COUS.  Cover with top for 5 minutes.  Add salmon.  Then steam (if you'd like), and throw in some carrots, broccoli and snapped peas.  I squeezed some lemon juice, 5-10 shakes of pepper and Mrs. Dash' no sodium spicy seasoning.  A couple pinches of vegan mozzarella cheese.  Stirred it all up and BAM! Done!

Try it, it takes about 10 minutes, it's healthy and it tastes freakin' delish!  Best of all, this little concoction will probably last a week so I can eat some every day!  I'll probably add some Siracha to spice it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment