Friday, December 30, 2011

Mad Love for Yoga

I am flattered to be called a Yogini.  Not that it happens often but my sweet faced friend at the front desk of hauteyoga Queen Anne said it and I can't wipe the sly smile off my face.


Alyssa, (sweet faced friend) got me thinking.  I am at this studio with all these other people at 6 o'clock on a Friday night and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.  Then I started wondering how everyone else felt and why they were there.  As my mind wandered the instructors voice came into my thoughts and I started listening to what she was saying..."Everyone is here for different reasons..."


Weird.  I was just thinking that.
So why do I go to yoga?
Well I go for a couple reasons...


1. I have to fit into my NYE dress tomorrow.
2. I am in a much better mood after I sweat.
3. I was excited to see what poses and transitions we'd be attempting.
4. I read Leah's (the instructor) theme:


"Join me today at 6pm for an hour of Power! Find the space that is being created in you for something new to emerge. Let's focus on renewing for the new year!"


The other yoga peeps might have been in there for very different or similar reasons but we were all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment