Sunday, August 10, 2014

Do you follow the Trends?


I am not a trend follower.  I've never bought anything from lululemon.  I never know what the "cool shoes" are or the latest trend for hair & nails.  But it's because I could care less.  I am in the other breed of what is the latest vitamin or what new superfood should be included into my diet.  How much water should I be drinking?  What is the best way to workout and get the best bang for your buck?  What kind of health insurance should I sign up for?  Should I see an Ayurvedic Health Coach or go to an Integrative Clinic?

I highlight my hair, I put on makeup with my fingertips and I wear basically the same thing every week.  I use coconut oil to take off my makeup and offer health tips to anyone who will listen, (sorry family).

Are you a trend follower?  Why?  They never last and you have to keep changing yourself.  That's what I don't understand.  The exhaustion behind staying up with the latest and greatest.  Or maybe I'm just lazy and appreciate my easy, comfy clothes.

I remember having black hair and going tanning to look "exotic."  What the hell?  But you know what?  It's because I was finding myself.  So are trends all about finding yourself?  I don't know.

Like my sister's boyfriend recently pointed out as we looked at a picture from 30 years ago.

"That will be cool again pretty soon.  Then it will go away and be back 30 years and be cool again."

No comments:

Post a Comment