Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I've Had Enough Today


I feel like all I have are ears and people don't even remember I have a voice.  Most days I can take it, but today I am tired, overworked and need fresh air.  There are rare days when I feel like I'm going to EXPLODE!  The days when my patience is out the window and I can't hear another story about someones life.  Other days, MOST DAYS, I could sit and listen to people talking about their lives forever.

Today, I went on more walks than normal, channeled my inner "calm" and tried to stay focused on the clock ticking away.  On days like this one, I am reminded that someone asking how you're feeling means the world, to have someone ask questions about your life, makes you want to cry, tears of joy.  A little too much?  I know.

I've realized that today, I need a break.

And yet, here I go again, off to the next great event.  But this one.  This one is worth it!  Because tonight, I am seeing SISTER ACT with my aunt, sister and Mom!  On my silent drive home, I couldn't think of a better way to end this day, than with people I love, singing along to a movie I grew up with!  I know tomorrow will be better.  So I move on and let life take the wheel.

OH HAPPY DAY!

2 comments:

  1. Aww JJ! Hope your day today is better. It's kind of ironic that you posted this yesterday. I was seriously talking to Lydia yesterday and I was telling her how I don't necessarily get to see you as often as I would like, but that you have always been such a true friend to me -- someone who always asks me how I am doing and what's new and someone who genuinely listens to my responses. I hope you know (and that I have shown you) that I care about what is going in your life and how you are and I love to hear anything about you. Let me know if you want to go for a walk today :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw this!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH STEPH!!! You have definitely shown me in many ways your interest, it's actually pretty amazing. Sending me reminders about Children's, scheduling Spa dates (can't wait for Sunday) and everything in between. I love you, thank you for listening and thank you for writing. :)

      Delete