Monday, July 8, 2013

Who Are YOU Living For?

Friends & family tell me time to time that I've always been a big dreamer.  I'm like a bird that refuses to sit quietly on the perch.  I refuse to sit at a job ALL. DAY. LONG.  My mind switches from ideas swiftly throughout the day and I'm always thinking about my next big move.

I've been reading a lot of articles on twenty-somethings, stating that if you change jobs, travel the world and don't have $$ in your retirement, you're screwed.  Well, I beg to differ.  I know PLENTY of twenty-somethings who have traveled, figured out what they were actually interested in, refused to settle and took the time needed to find a career that fulfills every part of their being.

Yes, changing jobs can be scary.  You don't and won't know the outcome.  Don't let being scared/fearful, stop you from doing what you at least THINK you're meant to do.

WHO are you living YOUR life FOR?  IF IT'S NOT for you, then you've got some serious reflection. There was a time in college when I thought I wanted to be a broadcast major.  I never understood why my classmates were in all these communication clubs and what not.  It's because they were PASSIONATE.  They CRAVED the news.  I, on the other hand, did not.  I'd rather spend my days at the gym, on long walks or trying out new dance and pilates classes.

I didn't even know fitness was considered a career!  "If I would've known then, what I know now..."

Listen. to. your. heart. It will point you in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment