Monday, May 21, 2012

Love Yourself First!

Your life is a journey of learning to love yourself first and then extending that love to others in every encounter.
-Oprah, 2001


Why is it so hard to just LOVE YOURSELF but so easy to love others!?  There are times I really love myself and trust that what I'm doing is the right thing...but there are other days when I feel grumpy, bloated and ungrateful.  The periods don't last long but it's the amount of time spent feeling sorry for myself that I get the most irritated about.


It's like, "Okay, okay, I get it self.  At this moment you want to have a 'woe is me' party and this isn't working out and you are going to have to wait a little bit longer for that to happen, blah blah blah."  I truly believe that the quicker you can snap yourself out of those moments, the more infrequent they become.  If it helps: write in a gratitude journal, keep a book of inspirational quotes on hand, talk to friends on the phone, go do something that you know will make you feel better...and in time, you will find the way back to the home plate of loving yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment