Monday, February 6, 2012

Cranio Sacral Therapy

I found a slice of heaven in Fremont.
Last week I booked a massage appointment, drove to Fremont and met an angel.


I was greeted by the most nurturing voice as I entered the massage room, her name is Audra.  She sat on the massage/mostcomfycouch/table as she listened to me babble on about what kind of physical pain I was in.  After hearing me mention vertigo, she offered Cranio Sacral Therapy to which I gladly accepted, (not knowing anything about it).
I got tucked in under the warm blankets as she used peppermint aromatherapy (*peppermint reduces nausea and dizziness) to start the most relaxing hour of my life.  She used hot stones, massage oils and lotions and CST (Cranio Sacral Therapy).


CST is a gentle, hands on method of evaluating & enhancing the functioning of a physiological body system.  Using a soft touch, practitioners release restrictions in the craniosacral system to improve the functioning of the central nervous system.
My words: Audra held my head for different lengths of time and used pressure points to bring balance back into my mind.  


It is effective for a wide range of medical problems:
                                      -migraines
-vertigo (yes!)
-autism
-traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries
-learning disabilities
-fibromyalgia
-TMJ
-PTSD
& the list goes on...


The intention of treatment is to facilitate and enhance the body's own self-healing and self-regulating capabilities.  I've had two sessions and have had significantly less vertigo and dizziness.  I encourage everyone to check this angel out!


Audra's bio & website:
http://www.planetearthyoga.com/instructor/audra-sanderhoff-0
Audra specializes in many modalities of massage and bodywork such
as Swedish, Craniosacral Therapy, Hot Stone, Acupressure, Shiatsu,
Reflexology, Reiki, Pregnancy & Labor massage, chinese cupping &
moxa, and Interoral massage for TMJ.
go to website for full listing of modalities and pricing
Call for an appointment at 206-200-2888

No comments:

Post a Comment