Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Portage Bay Cafe. Must Go Back!



How is it possible that I didn't know about
Portage Bay Restaurant in Ballard???

Last year for my bday we went to Tilth.
I ordered Cinnamon Black Walnut Steel Cut Oatmeal.
Had no idea that oatmeal could make your mouth water and your eyes bulge.  Damn the portion sizes.  They were all itsy bitsy and we were all hungry after the bill was paid.
No bueno.

This year I chose...PORTAGE BAY CAFE
which kicked some serious ass.
I ordered the vegan banana pancakes, which were also Gluten Free!  Description: Two large pancakes made with organic rice flour, hemp- milk, and puréed organic bananas, and a scoop of Justin’s organic chocolate-hazelnut spread.

Not only did every bite get better but I wrote them a thank you note for the quality of food they serve.

It was that magnificent.  Did I mention they have a fruit bar?  I mosied on over to scoop raspberries, blueberries, strawberries & blackberries onto the plate
next to my beautiful pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment