Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Harold the Hippo!

Swine Flu Masks and the 4th graders...

Reminded me of a ballet recital...

Two little cuties who performed
during the English Camp at school!

Imagine teaching this song in a place where
only a few kids speak English...
Seems simple, doesn't it?
WRONG!
How weird is this mannequin?

Yesterday, I was told to prepare a song and game for an all day English Camp for the 4th graders. I asked, when is the English Camp and what exactly am I doing? I was told the Camp was today and was supposed to teach a short song about a hippopotamus. Um....what? So, I googled short songs about hippo's and found one that would be easy.

Today I sang the song to 6 different groups of 70 kids and it was a smash! I actually had a great time singing about Harold the Hippo and it gave me a lesson plan for next week! Not to say I wasn't exhausted at the end of today with my head on my desk moaning about the 10 minute bike ride home but it was better than being in the classroom.

Just another normal day in the land of weird.

1 comment:

  1. Oh J you make me laugh! Those little girls are adorable. I can just picture you teaching the hippo song - what an image!

    ReplyDelete