Monday, June 8, 2009

I hate to say it...

but it was a FUN WEEKEND!!! What we thought would be English Camp hell, turned out to be quite the good ol' time. Started off as usual with Thai speaking, then moved onto Ajarn On (Teacher On) saying, "Okay J, introduce yourself..." Mind you this introduction is in front of over 60 students, 10 Thai teachers, and the 5 of us foreigners.

Here she goes..."Um...hi, my name is Teacher J! How are you feelin'??? (a couple fine's)...Okay, I teach 3rd and 4th grade here and I like to sing and dance!!! (blank stares) Back to you Ajarn On..."

Ajarn On then encourages me to say more.

"I am 24 years old and I am from America!!! So....are you ready to have fun!?!? (3 ya's) I SAID AREEEEEE YOU READY TO HAVE FUN!!!!!!!????? YESS!!!!!! Okay, give a warm welcome foooor AOIFE (EFA)!!!!!"

The other foreigners and Thai teachers give their introductions. Camp begins with us performing, unknowingly...

Hokey-Pokey! Simon Says! Head, Shoulders, Knees, Toes! Etc...

2 days and 16 hours later and we are done! The Thai teachers were really impressed with our energy and performance and told us so - felt damn good.

1 comment: