Monday, May 18, 2009

Teacher J! Teacher J!

I have never been more exhausted in my whole life. This is the most difficult job I have ever had and couldn't be more excited to accept the challenge.

My 3rd & 4th graders barely speak English. These are the words they know: Good morning Teacher J, Thailand and America. Some even know how to count 1-10...that is about it.

After the first day of standing on my feet for about 5 hours after the 40 minute trek to school, I knew this wouldn't be easy. Fortunately, we found a shortcut to school and now it takes about 25 minutes to and from our school.

The school day is 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 50 students per class. My Oh My! The kids are as cute as can be and like to laugh and say Teacher J!

I'd love for you all to be a fly on the wall to watch me dripping sweat in the non-air-conditioned, no fan classrooms. I don't know how teachers do it; the energy required is insane and I now start the day off with 2 coffee's.

It's tough work, but rewarding!

-Teacher J

1 comment:

  1. ...& you're never EVER going to forget this!! I'm so jealous!!

    In addition to scholastics, you should share something special with them that you might've done back at home! A type of ritual of sorts...You can even make it up! But something that they'll too remember for the rest of their lives! That way, they'll never forget "Teacher J," and you'll live in these kids hearts & lives all the way across the world for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever!!! Who knows, they may even pass it down to their kids!!!!

    LONG LIVE TEACHER J!!!!! HURRAH! HURRAH! :o)

    ReplyDelete