Thursday, September 10, 2009

The last week

The excitement I feel for this being the last week cannot be contained.

Our last Tuesday. Couldn't be happier...to be leaving.

Did the past 5 months fly by or is it just me?

Before this journey I took a lot of people, things, and my country for granted. I think I even took myself for granted. To be completely honest, I wasn't happy with who I was and what I was doing. I have pulled my morals back out of the closet and am wearing them again. Through traveling, reading, meeting people and having time to think about life I have come to a more peaceful, happier existence. I think some people never have to escape their daily routines and more power to them! But I did and that's why I'm here. I was scared to leave my family, friends and ex-sometimes and start a life in a different country but I did it. There are times when I'm riding my bike down the crowded streets and I just want to jump off and run down the streets dancing and singing because I am so over joyed that I live in THAILAND! I mean, what the heck?? And the best part about this experience is that I took the leap out of America and landed here, in the land of Thai. I feel really, really lucky to be living here and can't believe we actually saved enough money to finance the next 2 months of traveling by teaching these little muskrats.

I am anxious to see what will happen before I come home and can't wait to update this thing-a-ma-jig with all of our traveling stories. I talked to my sister this morning and she said one thing hasn't changed, "You still know how to tell stories that have no point or punchline." 1 point for Wink. Thank God this isn't a story, it's just a reflection. She also asked about my food blog...I have no excuse, besides this one: pure delirium.

I want anyone who reads this blog to know how thankful I am to receive e-mails, pictures, or the text from Stu telling me that Thai food was on Channel 36! Most hilarious text ever and how it even worked to send a text from America to Thailand is still baffling to me.

One more thing, I love the U.S.A.!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm crying because I'm going to miss your kids! How lucky they were to have you, a ray of sunshine, come into their lives. I love your last blog entry and can hear how you've grown and matured. Though I miss you every day and we've "talked" almost every day with e-mail and calls, I'm so delighted thinking of the wondrous experiences in front of you. I love you, Babycita. Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mama! Your words are heavy, but I'm strong. :)

    ReplyDelete